Enjoy an exceptional vantage point to see the aurora at a lakeside cabin. Our location is the perfect spot for photographers and those wanting to see nature’s spectacular light show. In the autumn you can see reflections of the aurora on the lake and, in the winter you can walk on the frozen lake and see the ice. Upon arrival at the parking area enjoy the winter scene as you walk a lit snow packed path to our aurora cabin. Our fully furnished, heated cabin will keep you warm and cozy on those cold nights, especially when enjoyed with a cup of hot chocolate and freshly prepared oven baked desert. Located approximately 25 min drive from the City of Yellowknife there will be opportunity to stop if the northern lights are seen in the sky, though as you’ll notice we start earlier in the evening to maximize viewing time. Experience personalized, award-winning customer service excellence. This tour is provided in English
For your enjoyment and safety warm clothing is highly recommended especially if you’re wanting to spend more time out doors in the autumn, in the deep of winter it’s required. We’ve got you covered with our Winter Clothing Rentals.
Minimum capacity: 4 guests, Maximum 11.
Your northern lights guided tour package includes:
- Accommodation pick-up and drop-off within Yellowknife (pick up time varies pending on time of year).
- Warm cozy lakeside cabin (warm up and go out to view the aurora as much as you like).
- Outhouse toilet facilities.
- Hot beverages (hot chocolate, hot water, tea, apple cider) & Fresh oven baked dessert.
- Photo shooting tips & guided instruction based on need and interest.
- Learn about the aurora and the science behind natures’ light show.
- Capture the Moment – our aurora guides will be taking photographs throughout the evening and we are happy to supply images FREE of charge.
Extras – Add On Options:
- Manfrotto tripods for rent: $15.00 + 5% GST/per day. Advance reservation is recommended but not necessary.